Summer Employment Opportunity - Recreation Programmer
Application Deadline – May 8, 2022
Please note that we will review resumes as they are received and will offer positions as soon as suitable candidates are found.
Plast Toronto is seeking Recreation Programmers to continue strengthening our ability to assist counsellors in their work with youth and provide them with comprehensive resources.
There are four (4) positions available. This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program.
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- comply with Plast Toronto Covid protocols & policies.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Candidates should have an interest in a career in program development, education, recreational program management.
Work cooperatively with other Recreation Programmers, under the direction of the Program Coordinator to develop program materials and digital resources for counsellors to support the planning and implementation of programs for children and youth, both in indoor and outdoor settings.
In cooperation with other team members:
- review existing resources, to identify gaps and add new resources to be used for group meetings and camp programs
- assess existing resources and update them as necessary based on feedback received by users
- assist with assessing ongoing program needs through internal surveys and focus group interviews with current and past group leaders
- develop and curate a selection of age-appropriate activities for children aged 6-11 or 12-17, providing alternative methods of delivering program requirements (active/passive, games, quizzes, video and audio resources, etc.) which may include strategies and materials for virtual/on-line delivery of programming.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Comfortable in dealing with volunteers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and ability to operate office equipment
- Attentive to details, responsible
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledge of Plast programs or scouting is essential
- Proficiency in English and Ukrainian is essential
- Interest in/knowledge of program development and/or education would be an asset
- Provide own laptop
Term: up to 14 weeks at 35 hrs per week.
Hourly wage: $17.00
Start date: May 16, 2021
Place of work: Plast Huculak Centre at 516 The Kingsway, Toronto and/or remote work as required.
To apply: Applications must include a resume and cover letter and indicate your name and the Job Title in the Subject line of your email. Please submit applications and supporting documents no later than Sunday, May 8, 2022 to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.