Пласт Калґарі оголошує стипендію для студентів ім. Др. Олександра Тисовського.
Dr. Oleksander Tysovsky Memorial Scholarship
The Dr. Oleksander Tysovsky Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship awarded by Plast Ukrainian Youth Association of Canada (1978) Local Group of Calgary to students who are residents of southern Alberta. It recognizes the contribution of an individual working in a leadership capacity in a Ukrainian-Canadian organization where activities with your are conducted in the Ukrainian language. The value of the scholarship will be $3,500 and will be awarded to one recipient.
- Eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be registered in a degree, diploma or vocational program at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- The applicant must be a resident of southern Alberta (Red Deer and south inclusive)
- The applicant must have volunteered for a minimum of two years in a leadership role within a Ukrainian-Canadian organization where activities with youth were conducted in the Ukrainian language.
- Application requirements:
- The applicant must submit the Dr. Oleksander Tysovsky Memorial Scholarship Application Form with supporting Personal Statement to the Scholarship Committee by the deadline set out by the Scholarship Committee.
- The applicant must submit proof of enrolment from the post-secondary institution specified in the Application Form.
- Two Reference letters supporting the application must be sent directly to the scholarship committee. At least one reference must be familiar with the applicant’s involvement in the organization mentioned in the applicant’s Personal Statement which fulfills the requirements specified in 1.c. of the eligibility criteria.
- Selection process:
- The Scholarship Committee shall be comprised of three directors of Plast Ukrainian Youth Association of Canada (1978) Local Group of Calgary, appointed during an executive meeting.
- The Scholarship Committee shall set an annual deadline for applications.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee after the application deadline.
- Upon review of all submitted applications, the Scholarship Committee will choose the applicant who best meets the criteria and requirements set out in this document to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be awarded within one month of the deadline.
- The name of the scholarship recipient will be made public.
- This scholarship may not be awarded if no applicants are deemed worthy.
All applications and reference letters should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
Plast Ukrainian Youth Association
PO Box 52128 RPO Edmonton Trail